Sunday, July 13, 2008

NH trip part #4...the end of my trip

The day after our BIG 40th BASH we did some upkeep around the Lincoln house. I never realized until now how much work my Dad had to do to keep up the outside of our home. Everything has become so overgrown and the woods are trying to reclaim the yard. A lot more work needs to be done. It would take too long to show the inside (which I do have pictures of), but on the bottom floor there's a kitchen, small bath, dining room, living room, den and sewing room. On the second floor there are three bedrooms and one bath. We also have a full basement, full attic area that has a bedroom too and an attached one bedroom apartment that my grandfather used to live in. We are now in the process of fixing it up to rent out separately.

When I was growing up we had a vegetable garden, raspberry bushes, fruit trees and lot of flowers in this yard that's surrounded by the woods. My Dad built 4 decks and we had a screened in porch too. My folks now live in Albuquerque. We own the place 10 ways (the siblings and my parents), but my two sisters use it mostly in the summer and we rent it out to skiers in the winter.

Here is a photo of me trying to impress you with my chainsaw skills. If you notice there are no tell tale signs of sawdust coming off this chainsaw...I wonder why?

Then I had a chance to go to the cemetery and take a few pictures for my mother, of her parent's graves. It's so peaceful there.





This was my grandmother, Genie, but I never knew her. She died before I was born. My sister is named after her.





This is my grandfather, Papa. I do remember him holding me, but he died when I was 3 years old.






Finally, the day before I left, I got to spend some time with my sister, Mary Kay. She's a great mom. She was always the crazy one of the family. She has a great sense of humor, a beautiful heart and a great outlook on life. She has two daughters, Hannah and Carly.

This is Carly and the bird's nest she found. Carly is very creative, caring, loves dogs, and has a great laugh. She's busy with summer basketball camp right now.



I warned Hannah I would be embarrassing her with this shot of her in bed. So here it is. Hannah is really a great teenager. I enjoy spending time with her. 




So, that's the end of my summer vacation. I loved going back to NH, but it was VERY, VERY humid. I don't know if I could take the long winters anymore either. I love the small town atmosphere though. I miss my two sisters that live there and I don't get enough time to be with them.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

What a beautiful house! And beautiful family.

Mama Smurf said...

I love that Lincoln home! Gorgeous! So much character and charm.

Nicole said...

This is my first time to your blog. It sounds as though you had a great vacation!

Take care,
Nicole