Monday, July 14, 2008

My "Baby" is having surgery today...


Menlo and I are sad. Keene, "my baby," is having surgery today. She has a growth on her thigh that has to be removed. We went to the vet today to drop her off and I actually cried when I had to leave her there. She looked so sad.

We pick her up tomorrow. Then for the next 2 weeks I have to keep her from licking it!! They can't bandage it because of where it's located. I think she'll have to wear one of those cones. While inside the house, they usually just wander around together, but I'll have to keep a constant eye on them so that he doesn't lick her either. That should be fun. So that means I can't leave them alone together outside, like I usually do. If I have to do any errands I'll have to put them in their kennels. 

I think my normal routine may have to be suspended, so if by chance I don't post, you'll know why. Wish me luck!


8 comments:

Jackie said...

Poor baby! Hope all goes well.

The Mom Jen said...

I hope everything goes well!

Heather said...

Poor thing! I hope he recovers soon and that all is well.

Bri said...

awwww... you both look so sad! Hope everything goes well!

LL said...

poor keene! Hope the surgery and reovery goes well!

Melba said...

I hope all goes well too, I know the feeling of not wanting to leave him behind at the vet!

Melba

Just Me. said...

I am a huge dog lover and I can never see a dog go in pain..I hope he recovers soon...both of you look so sad together...

Amy said...

Tracey, please let us know how your baby is doing....Shannon took our Allie for surgery today too. She is having her ACL repaired.. I too have cried many tears; I just love her so much.

Keep us posted and God Bless,
Amy:)