Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What I've Learned....

Thanks to Darcie for the great idea...I don't have children yet, so I could only come up with 5!

1. A cat can survive a tumble in the dryer.

2. It doesn't have to be humid to be hot...."It's a dry heat," makes no difference when it's 101 degrees. It's dry in your oven, but you still wouldn't want to sit in it.

3. Being "IN LOVE" at 16 is a totally different love when you're 40.

4. Maxi pads absorb just about anything!

5. God speaks in whispers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are *so* preaching to the choir with number 2! People here in Southern Arizona are famous for saying that. And just tonight when I was going to dinner with my daughter and a hot wind blew into our faces I said to her, "Yikes! It feels like an oven out here."

LL said...

1)i grew up w/ cats and yep, they all survived.
2)so this is what I have to look forward to when we move to AZ??? I hope we have a pool in the backyward.
3)Totally different. I wouldn't trade the love I have for my husband for any of the "in love" that I thought I had when I was younger.
4): ) we also use them on the plane to block breezy airvents...not very attractive but gets the job done.
5)Love to hear the whispers from our Lord. It still amazes me when I hear Him so clearly.

Amy said...

I was taking a peek today at some of your older posts that I missed, and I came across this one. Number (1.) made me laugh out loud, because I too learned this lesson. The thought of the sound of the "thump, thud, thump, thud," in the dryer still gives me chills....but it also makes me laugh. And the cat NEVER jumped in the dryer again.:)