Thursday, May 29, 2008

Little spots in my home that make me smile!

I am so, so THANKFUL for our beautiful home!!!





This is my favorite corner in our home. We don't use the fireplace as much as I'd like ($$$gas$$$), but it is still pleasant to sit here. The cats and dogs love it too. I made the wreath over the fireplace. I have one for every season.











These are a lot of my favorite books. I also have many family photos here. I don't like a lot of dusty nick-nacks around, but this is one spot where I allow a few special ones.









These are pictures we had professionally done when we got engaged. I love the one of us laughing (top middle). This was taken after the one where I was told to put my nose in his ear (bottom right). I also love the one of our faces close up (bottom left). I like the one in the very middle, but it was very painful to stretch that far back. It was a great time though.



This is the self help section, above my computer. Mostly books by Dr. Phil, Suze Orman, and Stephen Covey. I also have, "Who Moved My Cheese," "The Dream Giver," "Good Families Don't Just Happen," "Twenty Teachable Virtues," "The Velveteen Principles," "Questions for Couples," "The Five People You Meet in Heaven," and "Chicken Soup for the Soul."





This is a mirror we got on a trip to Colorado. The little wooden woodpecker that I stuck on the top right corner, reminds us of being woken up every morning by the "darn" thing pecking on the medel stove pipe that stuck out of the roof at my brother's house.









This is my kitchen. On the top shelf are a lot of items we got as wedding gifts and over the stove is a ceramic heart that says, "Never forget to kiss each other goodnight." We hated the green counter tops when we first moved in and ended up designing the entire kitchen around them. We even painted an accent wall to match.


I hope you've enjoyed this little tour...

6 comments:

Mommy Project said...

I love this post - so cute to see the little areas of your home that you enjoy the best (really cute idea - that I may have to borrow!).

I love your wreath! You should show us how you make them!

And, I'm with you about knick-knacks (I call them "dust collectors") but I *love* lots of photos around (I even *love* seeing other people's photos when I go to their homes).

The idea with the woodpecker is so clever and I like what you did about the kitchen, too. You didn't like the counter...so you turned a "fault into a feature"! :)

Great post.

Melba said...

What a great post, I love seeing all the special places in your house!

Becky said...

This was a fun glimpse into your life. Great pictures of you and your honey!! How fun that must have been! I may have to 'borrow' this idea as well....and be sure and give credit! (wink, wink) we know about that! :o)

Mama Smurf said...

What a fun post! I may do the same! It kinda feels like I'm peek'n in the window of a neighbor's home.

Unknown said...

Thanks for tour. You have a lovely home.

Jackie said...

I love the idea of this post...it's always fun to get a glimpse into the way people live and their favorite cozy spots.