Thursday, January 26, 2017

GOD SPEAKS

This has become my favorite little prayer time starter.
Today I'm reading:
John 16:33
I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have perfect peace. In the world you have tribulation and distress and suffering, but be courageous, be confident, be undaunted, be filled with joy; I have overcome the world. My conquest is accomplished, My victory abiding.

Psalm 112: 4,7
Light arises in the darkness for the upright; He is gracious and compassionate and righteous, upright in standing with God.

He will not fear bad news; His heart is steadfast, trusting, confidently relying on and believing in the Lord.

God is much less interested in right circumstances than in right responses to whatever comes your way.

Three things I'm thankful for:

....that although I still feel like I am in a valley, I can see the mountain top and I am beginning to climb.

....that little things really do make me smile.

....that I am hearing God more.

This is what I learned today: If I focus on God first, the rest of the day goes so much better. Even if I falter, He sees that I am trying and continues to call me back and give me a fresh start. Little steps forward are better then no steps. He appreciates my striving and efforts even if no one else does. I want to be a Mary in a Martha world.


No comments: