Monday, July 9, 2012

BECOMING A BETTER ME...part #12

God is able to make all grace (every favor and earthly blessing) come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be self-sufficient [possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation]. ~ 2 Corinthians 9:8
GOD MEETS ALL OF MY NEEDS ABUNDANTLY!

I spent a lot of my earlier life "wishing" my life were different, that I was different.  Everyone always seemed to have more then me, be prettier then me, have more friends then me, be more creative then me, be more smart then me, be more athletic then me, make better decisions then me....etc, etc, etc.

I may not have all the answers yet, but I do know that God has a good reason for not answering all our prayers the way we ask them. Perhaps the timing isn't right, or we are not mature enough to handle it yet or He has something better in mind.

God had me planned to be just the way I am from the beginning, so I need to trust that He knows what He's doing.

I like the saying, if you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans. I had, what I thought my life would be, mapped out by the time I was 20. I do have now many of the things I wanted, but how they came about and when they came about is totally different then what I had in mind.

Life has given me some interesting situations to deal with, but God has provided everything I needed in every situation. He had the answers that I needed to make the proper decisions in my life. I just wasn't always listening like I am now. He has a good plan for me and I am expecting a great future.

As Joyce says, "Sometimes we expect nothing; we merely wait to see what happens. At other times, we may fall into the trap of expecting to be disappointed because we have been disappointed time and time again in the past and we are afraid to hope for anything good," but we have been told that, "The Lord is my Shepherd [to fee, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack." ~ Psalm 23:1

And therefore the Lord [earnestly] waits [expecting, looking, and longing] to be gracious to you; and therefore He lifts Himself up, that He may have mercy on you and show loving-kindness to you. For the Lord is a God of justice, Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) are all those who [earnestly] wait for Him, who expect and look and long for Him [for His victory, His favor, His love, His peace, His joy, and His matchless, unbroken companionship]! ~ Isaiah 30:18

I'm not where I need to be, but thank God I'm not where I used to be! God is so good!

No comments: