Saturday, May 5, 2012

BECOMING A BETTER ME...part #2


In the past I never liked myself nor felt upbeat about life and it was easier to have low expectations then to be hurt all the time.

I can look back now and see that my "negative self-talk" just brought me down further and made me feel much more negative about life in general.

My thinking patterns had such a negative impact on my life that I went into a depression and I lost a lot of weight. At my lowest I was only 88 pounds.

I was a very "black-or-white" type of gal.

Now I am learning to change my thought patterns by: not making mountains out of molehills, not expecting the worse and not taking things so personally.

Here are some things that have made me think:

* "Being positive does not mean we deny the existence of difficulty; it means we believe God is greater than our difficulties."
* "Choose to see the power available to you through God if you trust Him more than your circumstances."
* "Don't let someone else's limited thinking limit you. Negativity can be contagious."
* "People who think negatively magnify the unpleasant or undesirable aspects of a situation while failing to see anything good in it."
* "God's Law: If anything can go right, it will; nothing is as difficult as it appears; everything is more rewarding than it appears; if anything good can happen to anybody, it will happen to me."
* "Very few situations are 100 percent negative; more of the time, we can find something good in every circumstance, even if we have to be really diligent about it."
* "In any situation, a habit of thinking about what can go wrong or envisioning worst-case scenarios is a bad habit that needs to be broken."
* "So if we all make mistakes often, why not realize that it is part of the human experience and relax."


No comments: