Saturday, February 5, 2011

30 DAYS OF TRUTH....DAY #27


A HERO THAT HAS LET YOU DOWN

Over the years there have been a lot of people that I have thought were doing it all right and then low and behold they screw things up majorly and my image of them is forever tarnished.

So, now I try to be more realistic. I have realized that everyone is human and most are just doing the best they can. There are a lot of people I admire and that have qualities that I try to emulate, but I don't think of them as my hero.

I don't think that people deserve to be put on a pedestal just because they are pretty, famous, make a lot of money or have a special talent.

The only ones who make it close to "HERO" status for me would be people who are courageous and don't seek out the recognition that comes with it, like: firemen (women), policemen (women), service men (women), etc.

1 comment:

Connie said...

A good teacher is a hero too, in my book!