Tuesday, April 27, 2010

REMEMBERING CORY....part 2


Read part 1 here.

I moved to New Mexico two weeks after I graduated from college and moved in with my (9 years older then me) boyfriend. There is a whole other back story in here that I won't get into right now....moving on....

...I borrowed a "mature" looking dress from my sister and interviewed everywhere....

...finally I got hired as a half-time kindergarten teacher, at a year round school all the way across town (22 mile commute). I was so excited!

Those first two weeks I taught are an entirely different post (I was not meant to be a kindergarten teacher.....), but to make a very long story short, the same day they lost my allotment because there weren't enough kinder kids to justify my position, a third grade teacher quit and I got her job instead. Now I had a full time position....I moved up in the world...my boyfriend and I got a bigger apartment and I got health insurance.

I LOVED MY KIDS! Yes, even after twenty years I can still remember them. One student stands out....Cory....

1 comment:

MtnGirl said...

This series is reminding me of my start in teaching which was only 10 years ago and I was much older than 22 y/o! :-) I never had a Cory, but I had a Danny and I will never forget him and wonder how/what he is doing now...........
I am anxious to read about Cory.....