Sunday, August 21, 2016

STAY AT HOME MOM

I love teaching....I should say I loved teaching, but after 25 years it was time to move on. I could (and will in the future) write a very long post about why I decided to retire (too much paperwork, too much testing, no time to teach, parents that aren't involved....etc...etc....), but let's just say I had had my fill and I wanted to do something else....namely being a stay at home mom.
After selling our house, retiring from teaching, moving 2500 miles from Albuquerque (part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4), NM (population 500,000) to Lincoln, NH (population 1700) and enjoying a fun summer, we are now settled in my childhood home, my husband has a job at a local resort, and I am figuring out a new schedule for our day-to-day lives.

I've started meal planning. I love THE BUSY BUDGETER, trimming a lot of bushes around the house, organizing the family home to suit our needs and learning the area again after having been gone for 25 years.

We will be living in this house for a year while we sort out where exactly in the state we want (can afford) to live. Right now the plan is for me to be a stay-at-home-mom (I am collecting my retirement monthly.) while my husband works outside the home. We are going to try it for a year and see if we can financially continue to do it beyond that.

I am excited for my son, Samuel, to start 2nd grade, where I will have the time to help out in his classroom and to be able to stay home with Andrew (2 1/2 years old).

There are so many things I want to do with this year.  Being a mommy and home-maker will be my number one priority, but I am excited to be able to have the time to invest in some of my other interests (organizing, reading, blogging, and crafts etc.) too.

I have always loved Pinterest and I am looking forward to trying some of the many things I have pinned over the years.

Let's start the adventure.....


No comments: