Sunday, June 1, 2008

My Daily Schedule



For those of you who love the summer off with your kids....I teach at a year round school and we still have 4 weeks left. For my vacations I get 6 weeks in the summer, 3 weeks in November, 2 weeks at Christmas, 3 weeks in March and all the Monday holidays too.

This is our schedule now with NO children...I get a lot of time to myself because hubby works a lot of hours.

So, since I teach school full time I have a work time schedule and a break schedule.

During the week I:

5:00 get up, shower, get dressed, make coffee, check e-mail, empty dishwasher,
put in load of laudry (husband puts it in dryer, waters lawn, feeds and walks dogs, sometimes has tme for a
chore or 2 depending upon what time he goes to work).
6:00 out the door (20 minute comute)
6:30 (the kids come in at 7:50, but I get paperwork done before they get there) until 2:30 or 3:00 teach
school...the kids leave at 2:00 and I can leave at 2:30, but I usually don't make it out until 3 pm
3:00 leave work...run errands on way home
4:00 fold laundry, vacuum, water lawn, zone clean, etc...
5:15 walk and feed dogs
6:00 start dinner and watch news
6:30 daily blogging
7:00 or 7:30 eat dinner with hubby on nights he gets home at a decent hour, 3 nights a week works late, clean up
8:00 watch tv, walks together, play a game etc...
9:00 bible study, make lunch for next day
9:30 or 10:00 get ready for bed, pick out clothes for next day, read
10:00 lights out

On the weekends there is no real set schedule, but things I usually do are:

* plan meals
* grocery shop
* pay bills
* garden
* major projects (paint fence, file, clean garage etc.)
* take mom to estate or yard sales
* crafts
* school paperwork
* blog more
* go to a movie
* bike ride
* church

My break time is pretty laid back, but I do get a lot done. Things will change drastically when we finally get our child.

5 comments:

Karey said...

Hi Tracey! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I look forward to reading more of yours. I'll pray for your adoption. How exciting!

Karey said...

Hi Tracey! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I look forward to reading more of yours. I'll pray for your adoption. How exciting!

I can't find my blog said...

You got on AllMed! Yay!

Hey, I have a question...Do you teach or know a Mrs. Pearson? (I'll give you details in an email, for privacy ;-)

headlessfamily 5 at gmail dot com

Mama Smurf said...

You are one busy woman!

LL said...

whew...you have a busy day...and yes it will get busier when your child comes home..but a blessed and happy busy!